Thursday 27 September 2012

Design Progress


_Building Type
I have decided to create a public square, with the main focus on a pavilion which serves as an entrance to a subway station.

_Concepts
In order to capture my concepts through the building, the building is made up of two basic shapes: the quadrilateral and the triangle. Together, the triangles make up the folding shape of the side entrance halls of the building, where these basic triangles have created a complex structures. In the public square in which the pavilion sits, I want to create an emergent environment, where elements of the environment seem to be placed randomly around the space, but are in actual fact are not placed randomly.

_Interaction
I am planning to have various components of the building to interact with the movement of people through the building. As people move through the building, different parts of the building with twist, fold and distort. These distortions are caused by people, who are the causers of change.

_Representation
In order to achieve the interaction described above, I wish to use CryENGINE in order to represent my building. Using flowgraphs, I believe I will be able to create this deep interaction between the people and the building.


No comments:

Post a Comment